November 22-28, 2020
American Thanksgiving arrives this week ... and we've reached Decorate Week at the Christmas Countdown.
Time to turn our attention to decorating for the fast-approaching holiday season.
This week, we'll discover secrets of frugal holiday decorating, take a quick decorations inventory, enjoy giving thanks with family and friends on Thanksgiving Day, and begin decorating for Christmas.
It's a busy week (and the holidays are here!) so let's decorate ... for a stress-free Christmas season!
To Do This Week
- Divide the Christmas card list into five groups. Write and address the fourth group this week.
- Complete one-fourth of gifts to make this week.
- Plan holiday decorating with a room-by-room holiday decor planner. Will you know what goes where ... next year?
- Inspect and inventory decorations. Record results on a holiday decor inventory. Check light strands for cracked or broken bulbs. Add needed replacements to the master shopping list.
- Does your family give children new ornaments each year? Preserve the memories along with the gift. Print an ornament journal to keep the gift alive!
- Prepare for Thanksgiving dinner, baking desserts and salads ahead.
- Give thanks on Thanksgiving Day!
- Check in with family members at Thanksgiving celebrations. Ask for gift suggestions, and arrange to share or contribute to holiday meals.
- Shop Black Friday sales. Use the"Black Friday" holiday sales planner to organize shopping trips.
- Begin interior and exterior decorating.
To Buy This Week
- Continue Christmas gift shopping. Divide the master gift list into five sections. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list entries. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures.
- Purchase new holiday decor items