Inexpensive, stiff-bristled paint brushes--in a variety of widths--are a great addition to the cleaning tote. Use them to dust the tops of books, whisk dirt from baseboards and corners, clean dust from blinds, and remove crumbs from upholstery.
Sand Art Brownies are easy to make and oh, so pretty! Layered cocoa, brown sugar, chocolate chips and pecans make this jar gift recipe extra-special.
Welcome a neighbor, thank a teacher or give a homemade Christmas gift with this layered cookie-in-a-jar recipe.
Our recipe makes 12 gift jars at a cost approximately $3 per jar, and includes free printable gift tags to make assembling your Sand Art Brownies a breeze!
1. Wash, rinse and dry canning jars.
2. Layer ingredients as follows:
2/3 t. salt
5/8 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. walnuts
3. Close jars with lids and rings.[Hint for FoodSaver brand vacuum sealer owners: use the jar sealing attachment to seal jars for longer storage.]
4. Cut appropriate amount of 7-inch circles from cotton fabric. Top each jar with fabric circle, and tie with ribbon.
5. Print two copies of free printable gift tags with recipe instructions. Cut gift tags apart and attach to ribbon.
Recipe Instructions (include on gift tag or print our free printable gift tags):
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9x9 baking pan.
2. Pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 eggs. Beat until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Total time||10 minutes|