Blogger Angie, of You Look Fab, is brimming over with great advice to build a workable wardrobe and clear closet clutter.
With a change of seasons on the way, it's time to review the rules for a closet clean-out.
Angie suggests answering these questions as you change over the closet from one season to another:
- Is this flattering for my body type?
- Is it the correct size? (Remember to dress for the body that you’re in today)
- Is alteration worth considering?
- Is the garment outdated?
- Is the piece still in good condition?
- Is the colour right?
- Is the pattern right?
- Why do I never wear this item?
- Is the garment comfortable? (If it looks good but feels awful – get rid of it.)
- How many pairs of black pants, white collared shirts, black T’s and white T’s can I have? (You may find that you have many of each but none are perfect – weed them out.)
- Have I outgrown this look?
- Is the piece ”me”? (Everything is right about the garment but you feel that it’s just not right for you, which is why you don’t wear it – pass it on.)
- Is this item style-enhancing?
Get more great inspiration for a seasonal wardrobe update: